Thursday, January 21, 2010

guilty...but i have an excuse

So I made a goal for myself to go running 3x this week so I can get in shape for a half marathon in April.

Well, with all the packing and back-and-forth trips we have been making to Holladay, I have not worked out once. AND, the worst part is that we have been eating what I call 'road trip' food--which of course is fun for a day, but after 3 days of living off bananas, crackers, and Wendy's $1 chicken sandwiches, I am ready to eat a nice big hearty meal and lots of fresh salad.

So tonight I told myself I was going to go after Brandon's basketball game. But oops, as I was starting to get ready, I realized the only running attire I have is running shoes. No shorts, socks, shirts, or other necessary items.

Does that mean that I shouldn't feel bad? I have a good excuse right? :)

3 comments:

Emily & Kyle said...

Yes, definitely not allowed to feel guilty. I mean honestly, what's a girl going to go running in? Her bathrobe and nikes? Honestly...

Annette said...

it's called streaking, Mel. Duh! ;) it's the newest trend in running sports. HA!

Jenni said...

That stinks! I've been trying to run more...but its hard when I can't take my baby out in the smog or horrible ice on the sidewalks for my stroller...So I've started doing other exercise to make myself feel better. But if you're training for a race that makes it hard!! What race is it? Hopefully you can get back into it when you're settled!