Sunday, January 24, 2010

Post 1: our first move

This is Connie. I worked with her in Beehives. It was only for about 4 months, but wow! I am so blessed to have spent that short time with her. She is such a spiritual giant! She has so much wisdom and really knew how to use life experience to relate to our little Beehives. She reminds me so much of my mom. She always had treats for one thing, but she had such a special way at looking at things and keeping things in balance and perspective. I love how Heavenly Father continues to put people in my life who can make it feel like my mom is not so far away. Connie was one of those people.

Well, her sweet boys and husband offered to help us move all of our furniture last Monday. If I was a teenage boy, I don't think I would want to spend my day off moving. But they did it so happily. And then they made us dinner that night so we wouldn't have to worry about cooking. I hope we can always remember their examples of selfless service and devotion to the gospel.

Now for some pics of our first move. I am sure I won't be taking pics everytime we move, but it was a sentimental day since its the first time we've done this. How ironic. It hadn't snowed in months and the day we chose to move, it snows.

1 comment:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

So nice of them to help you move! And she must be an amazing woman if she's like your Mom!