Wednesday, April 28, 2010

$3 End Table Project





I found this end table at a thrift store for $3. It was quite ugly, but I had grand visions. I knew it would at least be a good 'practice project', but it turned out much better than I thought. If you are thinking about redoing furniture, I recommend using a spray primer instead of a brushing it to avoid strokes. However, even though I didn't know this until the end of the project, I was able to smooth it up. I used Krylon's Ocean Breeze spray paint as the last coat.

I have definitely caught the refinishing bug.
I have a feeling this won't be the last project I ever do...

2 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Someday when I get around to refinishing something I'll have to hear all your wisdom on how to do it! Looks GREAT!

jen said...

that's an awesome deal. $3?? Wow! I agree with you about the spray primer. I think it looks great! What's the paint color that you chose?