Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Call me crazy



So, if you read my earlier post today about catching the refinishing bug, I said that it probably wouldn't be the last project I ever did.

Just a few hours after I posted, I was outside and I saw a piece of furniture down the street on the curb. I thought it might be free, so I walked to check it out. To my delight, it was free. I thought maybe we could turn it into something useful. I didn't want any of the cars to snatch it up before Brandon got home from work, so I decided to carry home.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I had to stop every 10 feet or so. Luckily it wasn't too far from my house. I'm sure everyone driving by was getting a grand kick out of watching me carry it home.

So this is it...

Obviously, there are no drawers and shelves. Hence, the patriotic paper. We ripped off the paper and have this...

Now for the hard part. We aren't quite sure what to do with it. Maybe a TV stand? The little openings at the top would be perfect for a DVD player/VCR. We are thinking about adding some shelves on the very bottom. Maybe some cupboard doors? We don't want to spend too much money fixing it up, but we do love projects and so we like the idea of making it ours.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Ha! I SOOO wish I could have seen you lugging this home! I can definitely see potential though. And you can't beat FREE! Can't wait to see the finished product!