Hello there. It's me again. Are you sick of NYC posts yet? Well, too bad if you are because I've got a feeling this won't be the last one. You see, I've got a husband back home and I know he'd want to see what I'm doing in the Big Apple every day. So, if you're tired of NYC, come back next week... But, if you want a girls review of the city, then stay tuned for my take on a Manhattan vacation.
1. When its hot, suck it up and just buy the smoothie. Brandon and I discovered the yummiest smoothies near Wall Street last time we were here. Today was a very very hot and HUMID day. It was well worth it. It will be the perfect complement to a little picnic at...
2. Visit City Hall park downtown. Isn't that just charming? It has a fountain and everything! There are lots of shaded benches. Take advantage of the seat when you can get it!
3. Be on the lookout for celebrities. We are 99% sure that Sandra Bullock was sitting across the way eating a sandwich herself. See the girl in the pink shirt? Even if it wasn't her, it looked pretty dang close.
4. Don't rush off too quickly. Enjoy the jazz band playing live music right in the park. It was very charming.
5. Visit Trinity Church. It is the one on National Treasure.
6. NYC is full of lots of random things. Don't get too caught up in the touristy things to notice this:
It is a very random, tiny little courtyard nestled right between 2 skyscrapers. I love that there is even a real painting to make it more homey.
7. If you don't have time to walk the Brooklyn Bridge (but if you never have, you MUST do it), go the South Street Seaport food court for a pretty amazing view.
Take a few pictures, or a lot.
And to get those pictures, you might have stack up all your purses and shopping bags to get just the right angle:
8. If you are a lover of One Fine Day like me, you might enjoy seeing the Circle Line:
9. Don't expect your hair to be perfect. The humidity just makes it go crazy. And there is nothing you can do about it. Oh well.