Monday, July 26, 2010

Down on Grandpa's Farm

Over the weekend I got to take Brandon to my Grandpa's farm in Aberdeen, Idaho. Man, how I love that place. I spent lots of time there as a kids. Memories of tractor rides, harvesting potatoes, riding horses, treasure hunting in the old house, playing hide and seek, working in the garden, being in the Aberdeen Days parade, and four wheeling are just a few of my favorite memories of his farm.

I remember talking to my friends as a child and thinking how much they were missing out if they didn't have a grandpa who lived on a farm. I loved all the time on the farm! Although the farm has changed quite a bit since then, I was able to capture a few of my favorite things so I can always remember Grandpa's farm.

I love this old truck!

the gas tank we would fill up the four-wheelers with

the famous tractor

the cute little house


the potato cellar where we would stash all the potatoes

I love this pillow and check out the print of the couch!

Max and Ilene

the big mirror that all the girls always use to get ready

the swing

the barn

beautiful serene sunset

Ok, you are probably sick of pictures and reminiscenses. So I'll be done. The end.

3 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Looks like a super cool place! And it would be great for family photos with all that cool old stuff! Wish I had a truck like that!

Michal Thompson said...

hey, I was having fun looking at the pictures. You are right, so many memories!

Adrienne said...

that's why i'm glad randy's parents live in the middle of nowhere and have tractors and all the fun stuff. my kids love to go visit. everyone should have a place like that